Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ipad 3 review

For people like me with not a lot of liquid cash, and no connections with companies' PR departments to send out freebies, I rely on one simple method for reviewing new products. It's a method that many others use also, when deciding whether to purchase a product and that is, pop down to the shop and have a hands on play with the display device.

That is exactly the method I used today when I popped down to my local JB Hifi store and checked out the "new iPad" (God I hate that name!)

First impressions? It's OK. Frankly, I had read a fair few reviews which had discussed the miraculous, beautiful, incredible (etcetera) new display so I was looking forward to my eyes being treated to something good. Unfortunately, maybe due to the beat up, I was left disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the display is nice. The colours are bright, the pictures are crisp, but overall it's not enough to sway me over to the Apple tablet world.

Oh, and the other thing...it does get bloody hot! I had read some articles about the new battery heating up but most were American and were blaming it on the 4G radio being turned on. Here in Australia, where I assume JB would have not bothered with the 4G, the unit was still VERY warm to touch. A fact made even more curious as I'm pretty sure the device was plugged in, not running on battery power.

So all up I rate the new iPad about a 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment