Friday, August 19, 2011

Too many Passw0rds!

My god. If I have to think up one more password I will die. Or perhaps  that should be d1e. As God forbid I choose a password without a number! I am so sick of thinking of a nice password that I might remember 5 minutes later, only to be told it needs to have a capital letter, between 8-15 characters long, must contain a number..blah blah, you get the idea.

I know that security is important and using "password" is probably not ideal but last time I checked I live in a democracy so if I want a hopelessly easy to crack four letter password all in lower case then I should bloody well be allowed to have one!

As an example, this is the password criteria for one of my online universities I "attend"


  • Between 8 to 16 characters in length.
  • Consisting only of letters (a-z, or A-Z) and numbers (0-9).
  • At least two numbers, one upper and one lower case letters within your password.
  • Passwords must not contain your given name, last name or student/staff id.
  • Cannot have been used in the previous 12 months.
  • Minimum two character change from previous password.

No comments:

Post a Comment